YIA strives to make the application process as smooth and seamless as possible from your first contact with us here online, to your first visit to YIA, to becoming part of our school community. We know you are seeking the best school for the needs of your children, and we know you need this process to be handled professionally and as simply as possible.
That is why YIA has broken down our admission process to 3 Steps that our professional Admission Staff will guide you through, starting with your online application. Once you have gotten to the 4th step, we will be waiting for your arrival and ready to officially enroll and welcome you to our YIA community!
So now that you are here, keep the ball rolling!
We look forward to welcoming your family to the YIA community soon!
The school considers the following as essential for admission:
- Pass the assessment.
- A medical exam must be completed for all new students.
- All forms and paperwork must be completed.
- Registration fee must be paid before students are placed on the class roster.
If a student has passed the necessary admission requirements, but there is no space available, he/she may be placed in a waiting pool. Students will be added to this pool according to the enrollment priority listed below. This waiting pool is dissolved at the end of the school year and parents need to re-apply if they wish to be considered for enrollment for the following school year. We encourage parents to look for other educational options while their child is in the waiting pool.
The school does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnic origin or gender in its admissions or in any school programs.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Step 1: Complete Online Application:
Start online application.
Step 1 connects you with our professional admissions staff who will guide you through Steps 2 and 3 and all the way to enrollment.
Step 2: Submit Pre-Admission Documents
- Most recent 2 years of school records
- Copy of student’s ID
- Copy of Father’s ID
- Copy of Mother’s ID
- Immunization record
Step 3: Preparation for Enrollment
- Take admissions test
- Confirm grade placement for your student(s) and accept admission offer
- Pay your ‘Hold the Spot’ fee to be sure you save your seat and don’t miss out!
- Complete Physical Exam Form (required by the Chinese Government)
Step 4: Pay the rest of tuition and Become a YIA student!
Once you arrive in YIA, you will set a date to visit YIA to officially enroll.
Educational Assessments are used to determine additional services needed, for placement assistance and/or for use by the teacher in the classroom setting.
The admissions test includes:
- Students will be given an assessment to determine English language proficiency in the areas of listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- A comprehensive assessment evaluates students' writing, math, critial thinking, etc.
- Academic record of past two years
- Student interview
- Parents interview
Grade placement is determined by grade and academic achievement level. (Additional assessment might be used as needed) See below for grade placement guidelines:
Secondary Grade Placement (ID Age by September 30th)
YIA is not able to meet the needs of students with severe learning disabilities. Parents should inform the school if their child has a known learning disability. YIA will make every effort to meet the needs of each child it admits.
YIA offers boarding facilities for students.
We believe that parents are ultimately responsible for the education of their children. Cooperation between the school and the home is necessary to ensure that students reach their fullest potential. As a result, and in the best interests of the student, YIA has established the following guidelines concerning residency of parents:
- Guardians are only permitted to function in lieu of parents in unusual circumstances with the permission of the school administration.
- An ayi does not constitute an appropriate guardian for a child.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition will be determined annually and assessed at the time of registration. It is payable in accordance with a pre-approved payment plan. Late fees will be assessed where appropriate. In addition to tuition fees, students also have a daily lunch fee depending on the meal option they choose.
All tuition and fees are based on the RMB amount. The RMB fees are fixed for the school year.
Tuition Payments and Refund Policy
Parents are responsible for the payment of all school fees.
- Report cards, diplomas, and transcripts will not be released if there are outstanding payments.
- Tuition refunds for students that withdraw will only be given for full quarters not attended. Once a student has started a quarter, regardless of the number of days attended, the full tuition for that quarter will be charged.
- Tuition and fees are non-transferable to another student.
- No portion of tuition shall be refunded for a student dismissed by expulsion or for disciplinary reasons.
- Company paid tuition will only be refunded to the company, not to the parent.
Tuition fee payments are due to the school in a timely manner after receipt of a school invoice. Payments more than five days past the due date are subject to a late fee. If payments are made more than 30 days past the due date, students may be excluded from classes until payment is made.
WE WELCOME YOU TO VISIT
COME SEE WHAT ALL THE TALK IS ABOUT.
There’s no better way to get a sense of what it’s like to be a part of the community than experiencing it first hand. Your visit to will include a Guided Campus Tour and an Admission Information Session led by an admissions staff member.
At all of our events, we talk about the full community. This helps set the stage for where you might find your fit globally, academically, and personally. We want you to leave campus with an understanding of the distinctive education experience that offers. Your ability to visit campus and learn more about the admissions process is sure to make a difference in your academic search.
CHECK IN AT THE GATE
In the interest of school security, visitors are required to check in with our school guards and our receptionist. You will receive a visitor’s badge from our receptionist to be worn while on school property.
INFORMATION SESSIONS & TOURS
Just about any day of the week, you can visit to meet with admissions staff and take a tour. Sessions take about two hours. Spots do fill up, so please register in advance.
Drop-in Policy: Our drop-in list opens 45 minutes before each session, but does not guarantee entry into the session.
Holiday Hours: The campus will be closed for holidays. Please see the campus calendar for a more extensive list of upcoming holidays.
Tours include an information session with an admissions official and a campus tour. For information about group tours please contact email@example.com.